Thursday, February 2, 2017

More Waiting, and Still More Scans

I won’t be going back to Jacksonville this week, but maybe Monday. Or maybe in a couple of weeks.

First, the good news. Apparently they've ruled out any problem with the "hot spot" between my eyes, as they've not scheduled a follow-up to the head x-rays to investigate it.

But now I need three more scans to investigate other possible issues found in the results of earlier tests: an ultrasound of my thyroid, a CT scan of my liver, and a PET scan for my spine. The first two scans are cleared (that is, Medicare will cover them). They’re still working on the PET scan insurance coverage, and that may take a while. 

So, I may go back to Jacksonville for the first two scans on Monday--if they can be scheduled in time.  I’ll be out of town from the 7th through the 15th, so the next possible date for the next Jacksonville visit will be the 16th or the 17th, or some time the following week. If it’s one of the later dates, I may get the PET scan on the same visit. After all three tests are completed it will take a few days for the results to be reviewed, and if everything is okay I’ll get the ADT injection on still another, later, visit. Then I'll wait two and a half months after that before going back again to begin preparing for the actual proton beam therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment