Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Good News and More Scans

Good news from Monday’s MRI: It shows no cancer outside the prostate. This means they can proceed as planned, including the use of the Space OAR (see Nov. 24 post). EXCEPT, they need some more tests. Today I had the bone density scan I expected, and that they weren’t able to fit into Monday’s schedule. I also got some head x-rays, because they wanted a closer look at the hot spot between my eyes that showed up in Monday’s bone scan.

They also wanted a CT scan of my chest, because the MRI showed an area of concern on my spine. I expect this is related to a condition called DISH (Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis), AKA Forestier’s disease. This is a calcification of ligaments in areas where they attach to your spine. There are few, if any, symptoms—but I was diagnosed with it years ago when I had a little upper back pain. The CT scan took some time to schedule, but my case manager pushed it through so I could get it today.

I didn’t get the ADT injection, because they want to review all test results first…and the CT scan results probably won’t be available before Friday. So…back to Tallahassee. Now I’ll wait until they contact me to set up still another visit to Jacksonville, probably Friday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment