Monday, June 5, 2017

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning

The sun was just coming up when I drove to the PTI this morning, so I had to use the headlights. The air was cool and breezy, and I was almost completely awake. My treatment was scheduled for 6:45 am, and I needed to be there half an hour before that.

Since week two I had been afraid that I'd get pushed back to a late appointment time (they go from 6:30 am to 10:00 pm). However, I'm now getting in even earlier than I was before. This makes it much less likely that I'll run into a delay that would wreak havoc with my drain-and-fill routine. I'm also now on Gantry 1 (Blue), which tends to have less delay than the other two. The Blue Gantry assignment may not last, but the early time probably will. Yay!

The treatments themselves are still going well, and I expect them to continue to do so. I'm familiar with the routine now, and the therapists who get me positioned and run the equipment are highly qualified and quite cheerful--even early in the morning. It's 13 down, and 26 to go now--hey, I'm a third of the way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment