Thursday, July 13, 2017

Done!

That's it. I'm finished. It's complete. 39 out of 39. No more getting up at 5:00 am (necessary for the 6:30 am treatment time that I wanted). No more restrictions on beans and cruciferous vegetables (although Ursula cautions me to not rush into anything she'll regret).

My last treatment was at 6:30 this morning. Ursula brought delicious brownies and pecan muffins to distribute to the other patients, the nurses, the therapists, the helpful lady at the waiting room desk, and even the man who watches over the car parking out front. I rang the ceremonial chimes at 7:30. Then it took a while to say goodbye to the other patients/friends, what with all the handshakes, hugs, and well-wishes. Many of the others are also getting close to completion, and everyone was happy.

We still need to pack up and clean the apartment, but we're not in a great hurry. The hard part is over...and it wasn't really even hard.

I'm leaving PTI feeling great, with a lower PSA (as of yesterday morning). I was told that the PSA often takes a while after treatment to go down, but mine has already. In fact, it's so low that I want to wait until my next PSA test results to confirm it before publishing the number. That will be Monday, in Tallahassee.

Much has happened in the last couple of days that I want to write about, including the little speech I gave at my last Lunch Bunch meeting yesterday. I didn't get a standing ovation, but more than a few people told me it was great, both more humorous and more interesting than most. I'll include it in a later post.

Also coming up: pictures! Nothing too graphic, I promise. That post will be mostly G-rated, with maybe a PG picture or two. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment