Thursday, November 17, 2016

Moving Forward

I now have an appointment scheduled with UF Health in Jacksonville on Wednesday, November 23 (the day before Thanksgiving), at 9:00 am. This is for the Consultation visit: the first step in getting proton beam therapy there. I’ll meet with my Financial Counselor, my Nurse Case Manager, and the person who will become my go-to doctor. If my doctor and I both agree to it, the following step will be the Simulation visit, hopefully in early January. Simulation includes a series of imaging studies and procedures that will help lead to development of my personalized treatment plan. The eight-week Treatment phase will begin about three weeks after the Simulation visit.

While in Jacksonville Wednesday, I also hope to get a tour of the facilities, and look at some of the housing options that will be available while I’m staying in Jacksonville for the treatments. It’s starting to feel as though everything is falling into place…except for confirmation from Medicare that I’ll be on Medicare Part B as of January 1. I should be hearing from them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment